Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Sweet Shanghai

China's visa policy used to be very stiff. Now they're giving out free 72-hour transit visas. I'll take it! I spent two full days in Shanghai on my way from Phuket to New York. You can eat many things in that time. Here are a few sweet examples. (Ok, I didn't eat EVERY one of these. Guess which one I skipped.)

Image
Fried pumpkin balls. Traditional Chinese dessert, yummy and gooey!

Image
Peanuts / red beans with ice cream and waffle. A treat in one of the thousands of Shanghai malls.

Image
A Hello Kitty cake. Meeow! How cute is that?

Image
Candied apples and strawberries. Sold on streets everywhere.

Image
A coco cream puff at Pudong airport. Ending things on a good note.
I'll have to return for that Hello Kitty cake sometime. (The big one.)

2 comments: