Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

(Not) Just Another Travel Blog...

...was one of the names I considered for this blog. Because another online travel diary is just about the last thing the world needs. Another possible name was Better Late Than Never. After all, this one woman circus has been on the road for six years already. I settled for Where's Zaina? because the answer to that will probably be the first thing to disclose with each post. I stole the name from a Bob I met in Burundi, who had a similarly named blog. I had a dream where he sued me.

I can't pinpoint why I didn't begin blogging earlier. I'm not sure I should now. Why should anybody? I must like writing - I did write a book. I love playing with my camera. I frequently get excited about something I see or experience, and it's fun to share it with someone. That's what I hope blogging will be like: having a chat with friends. Please prove me right! :)

5 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to hearing about your travels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Zaina! I love reading about and seeing photos of your travels. This will be a good one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! I agree with your observations regarding travel blogs - in principle. In fact, one of the most bland and terrible travel blogging franchises of Dutch tourists is called (translating from Dutch) "whereareyou.now". So please, prove me wrong and show us what an exceptional travel blogger you are :)

    ReplyDelete